The vinyl cutter is a US Cutter MH 871-MK2. It can cut up to approximately 32" wide material with a practically unlimited length, although the software may limit maximum length. It can cut vinyl (including heat transfer vinyl), and using the pen option it can draw on paper. The software that runs the the vinyl cutter, "VinylMaster Cut", is installed on the PC next to the cutter. The VinylMaster Cut Help menu has links to several very good videos that explain how to use the machine. More info can be found on the [US Cutter Website].
- Dual position carriage (front position for cut-through, rear position for standard vinyl).
- Roland compatible blade holder gives you access to the most economical blades available.
- Two fully adjustable pinch-rollers allow you to use a flexible range of materials.
- Superior ball-bearing dual roller media roller system allows you to place material on top of rollers rather than putting roller through material each time. (Huge time savings!)
The VinylMaster Cut software (Basic Edition) is dedicated vinyl cutting software designed specifically for making vinyl signage. VinylMaster Cut allows you to produce a wide range of vinyl lettering, pinstriping, and general signage, and comes with a suite of text, curve, and object tools. Take your creative vision from your mind to ready to cut computer image file with an easily customizable and intuitive interface. Fonts are vectorized and ready to cut immediately. Edit images, draw shapes, customize text, modify signs, create logos, and so much more.
Start by watching the videos in the VinylMaster Cut Help menu.
Oracl 631 vinyl is best for painting stencils and the 651 is best for permanent applications of the vinyl to a surface.
Tips and Tricks
For vinyl cutting start with:
- 30 to 60 grams of pressure
- 50mm/sec speed
and adjust from there as needed.
The videos in the VinylMaster Cut Help menu are very good.