RETIRED: Tarantula 3D Printer
The Tevo Tarantula is a single filament 3D printer. It has an automatic board level sensor and prints 1.75mm filament.
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
Step-by-Step Printing Instructions
Note: This printer has been retired
First, Slice the STL File You Want to Print
- Open slic3r.exe
- Click Add (upper left) and find the STL you want to print.
- Rotate your work so it is sits in the way you want it to be printed. (Deep subject)
- Adjust the printer setting if needed. (Fill ratio...)
- Slice and then Export (upper right) the .gcode file. Save it to somewhere convenient.
Print the Part
- Warning. The Tarantula is still in beta testing and has not been completely dialed in - its about 90%. This printer is desperately in need of a sponsor.
- Open Octoprint by typing 10.1.10.241 in the browser.
- Login and connect. See the login info near the printer if it does not auto-populate.
- Drag the .gcode file you made to the left side of the Octoprint screen.
- Plug in the Tarantula.
- There is one manual setting that should be checked. The z-offset needs to be +0.6mm. If you print and no filament is coming out it is probably because this needs to be set.
- Clean the print bed with the scraper and then alcohol.
- Click the printer button on the file you are trying to print in Octoprint.