Jet Metal Lathe
The Jet bench lathe is a full function metal lathe. It can cut metals, including steel (with appropriate cutting tools), cut threads (both right and left handed), perform facing operations, knurling, and boring with the right tooling.
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
- Spindle supported by precision tapered roller bearings
- Hardened and ground bedways
- Power longitudinal feed allows threading
- Standard 1-1/2 in. x 8 TPI spindle mount allows for many aftermarket accessories
- Reversing switch included for added versatility
- Backlash adjustments provided throughout the carriage
- Tailstock is adjustable for taper cuts
- Quick-change gear box provides wide range of inch and metric threads
Important safety information.
- Wear Safety Glasses
- Never leave the chuck wrench in the chuck!
- Never operate while wearing loos clothing or jewelry
Power and Speeds
- 3/4 HP motor
- 130 - 2000 RPM range
- 30 Different inch threads from 8 to 60 threads per inch
- 18 Different metric threads from 0.4 to 3.5
Tips and Tricks
To change the chuck see the Chuck Changing Video on youTube.
Centering stock in a 4-jaw chuck is described in Centering in a 4-Jaw Chuck.
The drive belt is a Gates 5M710, available on Amazon.
|Instructions||Jet BD-920W Lathe Manual|
|Size/Volume||9 inch diameter, 20 inch length|